Thursday, April 1, 2010

Blueberry Buckle

I got this recipe from a little cookbook I ordered online called "Baking with Spelt" by Barb Waldron. (If you are interested in finding the book, just Google "baking with spelt" - that's how I found it!) This recipe is easy and super yummy! My whole family loved it when I brought it over for Sunday dinner last week.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup spelt flour (I used whole spelt)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

Topping:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup spelt flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

In a medium mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Pour into an ungreased 8 inch square baking pan. Arrange blueberries on top. In another mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine flour and cinnamon; add gradually to creamed mixture. Crumble over blueberries. Bake at 350* for 45-50 minutes.

Yield: 8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment